|Photo by jjagner|
Paint Leaf Jars
- Mason Jar
- Glass paint
- Disposable paper
- Candle (optional)
- First, place your disposable paper on your work surface to prevent any paint marks.
- Then place your jar either on its side or upright and start painting leaves on the outside of the jar.
- Be sure to use paint made specifically for glassware, that way it goes on smoothly and stays on the jar.
- Wait 3 to 4 hours or until all the paint is dry. If you use thicker coats of paint, you may need to wait longer.
- Once the paint is completely dry, tie a red, yellow or other fall-colored ribbon around the rim.
Candle Leaf Jars
- Mason Jar
- Leaves (Fake or Real)
- Tea candle
- Grab some colorful leaves from your yard or purchase some fake fall leaves from a local crafts store and fill a Mason Jar about 3/4 full with them.
- Then place a tea candle that is inside a glass holder into the jar, with the wick up.
- Make sure that the candle is big enough to fit into the opening of the jar but does not fall through. If it is too small and not in a glass candle holder, it could be a fire hazard.
- As a last touch, tie a colorful ribbon or piece of string around the rim of the jar.