If you are still rushing to find dad a gift for Father's Day, time is running out! But don't panic, there is always one thing you can give to surprise the father figure in your life: delicious food. If you are having a cookout at your home this weekend to celebrate dear dad here are a few recipes to try:
Roasted Pepper Pesto Rubbed Grilled T-BonesServes 4Read more
- 4 T-Bone Steaks
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Omaha Steaks Private Reserve Seasoning or Salt and Pepper
- 1 Recipe Roasted Pepper Pesto (below)
- 4 each Fresh Basil Sprigs
Roasted Pepper Pesto Makes about 2 cups
- Preheat grill on medium.
- Brush steaks with olive oil and season with Omaha Steaks Private Reserve Seasoning or salt and pepper.
- Brush both sides of steaks with Roasted Pepper Pesto.
- Place steaks on the grill and cook to desired doneness. (For a Medium Rare steak about 8 minutes on the first side and 6-7 minutes on the second side.)
- When steaks are finished brush both sides one final time with un-used pesto. 5. Serve steaks with a dollop of unused pesto in the center of each steak and garish with a fresh Basil Sprig.
- 1 Cup Roasted Red Peppers peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 Cup Garlic Cloves, peeled
- 1⁄2 Cup Pine nuts, toasted
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Chopped Basil
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1⁄4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese, Grated
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1⁄2 Cup Olive Oil
- Combine all ingredients but the Olive Oil in a food processor or a blender and purée until smooth.
- Next add the oil slowly in a thin stream with the food processor running until it is completely combined.