August is coming to an end. In just a few weeks summer will be over and children all over the nation will be heading back-to-school. Unfortunately, as all parents know, with new school years often comes new organization challenges. To help you out, we’ve put together a few tips to get you ready and organized!
1. Ease Into It. Drastic changes can be tough, especially for young children. When preparing for a new school year, it’s a good idea to ease into it. Take the last two weeks of summer to gradually reintroduce school year routines such as bedtimes, wake up times, and eating habits.
2. Calendar. Before the school year begins, do yourself a favor and create a central calendar. No matter the number of children you have going back-to-school, a large central calendar, with plenty of room to write, will help calm the chaos of the new school year and keep you and your family organized.
3. Clothes. Kids seem to never stop growing! Fortunately, plenty of stores have back-to-school sales. Get ahead of school shopping by being prepared with a list of exactly what you need. Once those new school year clothes are bought, organize the summer clothes in your home by storing them in an ottoman or a storage bed.
4. Papers. Oftentimes schools will require documentation including last year’s report cards, proof of medical check ups, or even immunization shots in order for your child to start the school year. Ensure your child is prepared by calling the school or visiting the website to learn what they require before the year starts. Once you’ve obtained the correct information, make a list of what you’ll need documents you’ll need and post it somewhere in your home where you’ll see it often, such as the fridge.
5. Practice Run. A day or two before the first day of school, try a practice run. Wake up your kids when they’ll need to get up during the school. Prepare yourself for work while helping prepare your children for school. Doing this will make sure you and your child are organized and ready for the first day of school!
Back-to-school is just around the corner and it’s important to be prepared. Counteract the chaos of back-to-school with our back-to-school tips for organization! And when it comes time to organize your home and buy back-to-school furniture, visit Home Decor Outlets here: http://bit.ly/Vq0Do7