As the seasons change, so do our styles. It may be relatively easy to update your wardrobe, but changing your decor from season to season can come at a costly price. Besides holiday decorations, most people don’t even think to update their living spaces until it is absolutely needed. But we think that shouldn’t have to be the case, and want to help you liven up your home decor. To help, we’ve come up with relatively inexpensive ways to help you bring new life into any room of your house.
- Bold Print - Whether it’s just a few throw pillows or an accent chair, a bold print will bring new energy to any room. It will draw the attention of any guests’ eyes that enter the room, and bring a different feel than they are used to.
- Sparkle - To help brighten up the room, introduce glass pieces into the room. Hanging a mirror in a room with natural light will brighten up the room significantly. Other ways to brighten up the room include using glass coffee tables and candy holders. Lastly, one option that is not often used is purchasing mirrored coasters. They will not only help protect your furniture, but reflect more natural light into your space.
- Flowers - Whether real or fake, flowers bring new color to the room. And with all the different colors of flowers, it’s guaranteed you’ll be able to find one that matches the decor of your room. If you’re using real flowers, consider a crystal vase, as it will also bring sparkle into the room as well.
- Rearrange Furniture - Has your living room been set up the same way since you originally purchased the furniture? Step outside your comfort zone and change the room up. Don’t just flip-flop your love seat and chair either, try changing the way a guest will enter the space. If you’re changing up your living room, move the television to the opposite side of the room if possible to give everyone a new view.
- Paint - Want to stand out and show off the new popular colors of next year? Follow Pantone Color Institute’s guide to next year’s popular colors. Changing the color of any room isn’t the most expensive change you can make, but it will take a bit of your time. If you’re looking for a quicker fix, try painting one wall a complementary color to the other walls.
- Upgrade Lighting - If you’re currently using only tabletop lighting, try switching to a stand-up light. New lighting can change the whole feeling of a room, but make sure you don’t overdo it to make your guests feel like they’re under the dentist’s chair. Too much artificial light tends to feel industrial. Make sure your rooms follow the basic rules of lighting.
Do you have any other ways you liven up your rooms from season to season? Let us know in the comments section! Visit us online or in store for more ideas on how you can liven up your decor.