Home decor really plays a part in making your house feel like home. You can welcome guests to your home with a festive fall or Halloween wreath. With these ideas and tips you can make your own with minimal supplies and time.
Traditional Leaf Wreath
- Fake leaf garland (red, orange, yellow)
- Hot glue
- Wreath twigs (found in craft store)
- Lay out your twig wreath. You can usually find this already in the shape of a wreath at a local craft store, otherwise you have to shape the twigs into a circle. Once you have that, work in your leaf garland, placing it in the inner part of the wreath.
- Use varying shades of red, orange and yellow to blend the leaf colors. Cover the inner part of the wreath with leaves with some twigs exposed around the outer part.
- Glue loose pieces of garland onto the twig wreath and hang.
Halloween Ghosts and Ghouls Wreath
- Plain wreath (craft store)
- Purple or black yarn
- Fake cobwebs
- Skull props
- Black ribbon
- Foam letters
- Wrap either purple or black yarn around your wreath until covered.
- Cover wreath in black ribbon and garnish it with a few cobwebs.
- Glue on some skull props to one part.
- On the top or bottom, glue on the word "Boo" in some white foam letters and hang.
Now, your home is ready to welcome trick-or-treaters and Halloween guests. Plus, if you are making the traditional leaf wreath, you can keep it up all the way until Thanksgiving!