Some of the best Halloween decorations are the ones that you create yourself. This year, you can incorporate pieces of your furniture into your decor for some clever spookiness. In this blog, we are talking about couch monsters, and not the ones under your cushions. With slight adjustments to an old couch cover or sheet, you can turn your sofa into a monster. Here's how:
- Large black or dark grey sheet or couch cover
- Glow in the dark paint/sticks
- Test out the sizing of your sheet on the sofa. Before painting, you should align and mark where the sheet covers the back cushions-this is where you will paint on the eyes.
- Once you've aligned your sheet to the sofa remove the sheet. Then, in a well-ventilated area, lay out a tarp and place your sheet or couch cover on it.
- Make sure that the sheet is face up and flat before painting. Paint some scary eyes on the middle of your sheet or cover where you have marked it.
- Then, paint on a scary mouth with some jagged teeth.
- Leave the sheet flat to dry overnight.
- Once completely dry, you can cover your couch with it. But, you must make sure that it is absolutely dry before doing this to avoid getting paint on your furniture!
Now that you have a couch monster, you can incorporate other pieces of furniture like lamps and end tables! You can add some googly eyes to a lampshade for an easy Halloween decoration and change the light bulb color for an added spookiness.