Eventually we all get to that point where we are bored with something, whether it be the latest trending video game, song, or even the way a room looks. Unlike buying a new game or album, redecorating can cost a lot of money. But, there are ways of getting around buying all new furniture. To help you save some of your hard earned cash, we’ve put together a list of creative ways to change up your living space, and make it look brand new.
- Paint - Whether it be the walls or your furniture, this is a great way to look brand new. Sure it costs money, but there is a dramatic difference between a 5 gallon can of paint and brand new wooden furniture. Also consider sanding and refinishing wooden furniture if solid colors are not your thing. From handles on drawers, to full wooden chairs and coffee tables, this will make any guest think you just picked up a brand new piece.
- Upholster or Cover - If your couches or chairs have seen better days, this is the perfect solution for you. As humans we tend to cling on to things, and this is the perfect way to revive your old belongings. upholstering can get expensive, but there are plenty of DIY videos and articles that you can use as a guide.
- New Rug - Area rugs are a great way to change the mood of any room. You can go all out with bold colors, or just keep it simple solid colored one. The best part about area rugs is that if you’re not really feeling it, you can just move it to a different room.
- Rearrange Furniture - This is one of the best ways to change up a living space without any purchases at all. Flipping a room around will trick your mind into thinking that you’re in a different place. You can also try exchanging furniture from room to room to give the room a new vibe.
- Repurpose - Old books can normally cause clutter, but what if you used them as decoration? There are a lot of modern ways to incorporate books or old records into your decor. One growing popular trend is filling an old fireplace with all of your books. Your old fireplace can also be turned into a space to hold other things, such as art or a place for your pet.
Have you ever decorated a room in your house without buying anything? If so, let us know in the comments section how you did it! And if you these tips just weren’t enough and you need new furniture, visit us online or find a store near you.