You’ll spend around one third of your life sleeping, so it’s extremely important that your bedroom is fitted with things that will make every moment enjoyable. Your bedroom is the last thing you see each night and the first thing you see each morning. If you do not feel comfortable and satisfied with its decor, then it could throw your whole day off. To help you with the stressful task of decorating a bedroom properly, we have come up with a list of five essential items every room needs.
- Comfortable Rug - Whether you like it or not, everyday you’ll have to get out of bed, and when you do your feet will hit the floor. To make this feeling better, a rug is essential. Any old rug won’t work either. It must be one that’s thick enough to eliminate the colder temperature of the floor. A cold floor may wake you up better in the morning, but some days a brisk wake up is the last thing you’re going to want.
- Nightstand - You don’t just need a nightstand, you need a nightstand that is packed with all your favorite essentials. It’s a good idea to keep a bottle or cup of water here incase you wake up mid-sleep with a dry mouth. It’s also best to keep some sort of pain medicine in there too, as it is always easier to reach to relieve a headache than it is to try to quietly maneuver through a dark house. You’ll also want a smaller lamp that you can use to see all these essentials you may need throughout the night.
- No Tech - This may seem crazy nowadays, but taking out the electronics from your bedroom will eliminate future stress. Sleeping with your smartphone is not only dangerous but distracting, and will keep you up longer than intended. If you’ve made it to bed, then it’s time to just shut down for the night and actually get some sleep. Take the TV out of there too, as it also harmful to the quality of sleep you’ll be getting.
- A Place To Sit Besides Your Bed - This may be one of the most forgotten items each bedroom has. Use this seat to put on your shoes in the morning and take them off at night, instead of trying to balance one-footed. You can also use this seat to check your phone if you can’t fully eliminate it from your bedroom.
- A Great Mattress - If you can’t afford a high quality mattress, then it should be the first thing you save for. As we said before, if you’re spending a third of your life here, it might as well be comfortable. A great mattress is also essential to how well your night’s sleep will go. If you’re constantly waking up throughout the night, then your day is sure to be less productive.
Now that you know the essentials, go out and stock your bedroom. To find some of the items mentioned in this post, visit our showroom.